We Are Committed to the Gospel
- The Bible is the Holy, inspired word of God. The scriptures are true, authoritative, sufficient, and without error.
- There is only one true God, Creator of heaven and earth, who eternally exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- All things exist for the glory of God.
- All humanity is born with a sin nature and in need of a Savior.
- The deserved penalty for sin is physical and spiritual death.
- Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, was born of a virgin and is both fully God and fully human.
- Jesus Christ died as the sacrificial substitute to pay the penalty for sin that we are unable to pay ourselves.
- Jesus Christ physically rose from the dead, ascended into heaven and will one day physically return to complete His redemptive mission.
- Only through faith in Jesus Christ as the one and only Son of God and repentance from sin can one be reconciled to God and experience true life and joy. Faith and repentance are inseparable experiences of grace.
Jefferson Avenue Baptist Church upholds and agrees with the Baptist Faith and Message as a succinct and concise reference for our church's position on doctrinal matters. That information can be accessed here.